Saturday, November 22, 2008

Quick post

Hello friends!
Oh boy have I seen some things.
I've spent the last few days in Lava, a mountain town with a very interesting mix of Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, and Christian, as well as ethnically Tibetan, Nepali, Indian, and I'm sure other religions.
The program at the monestery has been very busy and amazing. The young Jamgon Kongtrul Rinpoche is definately not an ordinary 13 year old, whether you believe in reincarnation or not.
Right now I'm in Sikkim, a very wealthy annexed state that you need permission to get into. It is very clean. Tomorrow we are visiting HH Karmapa's monestery, Rumtek, which the present incarnation has yes to receive permission to enter.
Sorry this is rushed, the cafe is closing in about 10 minutes. A more detailed update and pictures will be coming soon.
I've been thinking of friends a lot and wishing I could share these experiences--riding narrow raods through the mountain jungle, taking the train past thach roof villiages, seeing the "eye opening" ceremony at the monestery... I'm on the other side of the world and friends and family are in my thoughts.
More to come soon,
Signing off with love,
Harry

No comments: