Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ahhhhhhhhhhh

New Delhi is very intense. My boogers are black.
I saw a Monkey and an Elephant today!
And I got scammed. Don't want to go into the details, but i will say my ears are clean, my shoes are treated, and some poor guy (is he really poor?) Has relatively a lot of money now.
It was an expensive lesson, but lesson learnt.
It's hard because I don't want to be paranoid, but I've come to realize if people come up to you, which is a lot, most of they time they want your money.
My ears are really clean though.
And I saw a movie-- it was very pretty.
Still trying to figure out how to post pictures.
Oh yeah-- I also saw the most giantest sundial ever.
And a hindu temple / storytime playland. Seriously. Like, little kids running through fake caves and slides with gods all over the place with a huge terra cotta and marble temple looming in the background.
A word popped into my head to describe this place-- cockamamy.
Looking forward to the clean mountain air.

3 comments:

trevor.forever said...

i actually was just reading an article about the "new peril in Asia's huge brown cloud cover". it said that in New Delhi (and many other megacities in Asia) the huge plumes of regional haze, known as atmospheric brown clouds, actually "dims" the amount of light in some places by as much as 25 percent. crazyness.

your pictures are amazing. i can't even begin to imagine what it is like to actually be there. looking forward to more updates! xoxo.

Nikki Zaleski said...

oh harry oh harry wish you were here but am glad you are there. your pictures are beautiful and so is your bald head.
thinking of you always...

Bosch on Public Transit said...

I really appreciate the honesty of your tavel writing. Disclosure of the snot spectrum is totally a new innovation in presentation of place. Cheers to your completism and your travels! Miss you bunnnnches!

-Dennis