Saturday, November 15, 2008

Last Day, Lodi Gardens


India pictures 004, originally uploaded by h.einhorn.

I feel better now after I ate some tasty sweet and sour chicken. It's possibly that I've been too careful with my food, and haven't been eating enough. Wouldn't you know it.
Caught an auto to the Lodi Gardens in Central Delhi-- a very nice area-- seems to be very wealthy.
Of coarse the ride over was a harrowing ordeal , but that's kind of expected by now.
I was trying to take it easy, do some reading and get some peace and quiet, instead the above happened.
The Mughals sure liked their tombs.
See more pictures here.

I catch a train to the mountains at 6:40 AM tomorrow.

I will miss the exitement but not the constant haggling, ignoring beggars, and telling people "no thanks"

Namaste.

1 comment:

elbelle said...

You are amazing, my dear, dear nephew. I'm sooooo proud of you, and intensely jealous. What an extraordinary, life-changing opportunity you've created for yourself. I picture all of us seated around you, listening to your Tales of India, when you return. How about a Garden Party next April? Holding you in my heart!
Love,
Ellen